Pages

March 1, 2012

Waiting...















They had come again ..the glowering storm clouds
Frowning at me, as I stood there in despair
Losing my fight against the bare earth….

They seemed angry, as if they’d guessed
I was on the verge of giving up….
That I didn’t care what happened anymore…

I wonder how they knew what was on my mind..
A calculated guess seeing my beseeching arms?
Or the bleak hopelessness in my stance?

But what did they know…of being alone and unwanted?
They always moved in a crowd, united and together…..
How could they understand my loneliness and pain?

What did it matter if I lived or died?
Who cared what I thought or did?
It was not that easy to be strong….

I would soon have my answer….to hold on or to let go…
Either they would revive me to continue my struggle…
Or their fury would finally set my spirit free…..

No comments: